Many NPCC Members initially may have thought that their schedules were demanding enough, and the thought of adding one more activity to their busy calendar is unbearable. So why should they try to add something else into their already hectic schedules to join and actively participate in their local NPCC? Well, that is a good question. Membership in the NPCC offers numerous benefits and keeps members on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends within their community and local marketplace.
Also, research points out that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if it’s a member of their local NPCC.
According to NPCC research, when consumers know of the NPCC Membership, they are 44 percent more likely to think favorably of the member and 63 percent more likely to purchase goods or services from that member in the future. If you still don’t think you have time to join and participate in your local NPCC, consider the following:
**Most consumers (59 percent) think that being active in the local NPCC is an effective overall strategy. It’s 29 percent more effective, however, for communicating to communities that a NPCC Member uses good and smart practices and 26 percent more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
**If a company shows that it’s highly involved in its local NPCC (e.g., sits on the local NPCC Advisory Boards board), communities are 12 percent more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
**When the community thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local NPCC, it is because the community infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community and is an industry leader.
**When communities know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the NPCC, they are 40 percent more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
**When communities know that an insurance company is a member of the NPCC, they are 43 percent more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
How does all that sound? If you’re a member that is a restaurant or an insurance company, isn’t it fantastic to hear the news that communities are more likely to choose your business over a competing, non-member because you’re a member of your local NPCC? Are you convinced yet that you should join your local NPCC, if you aren’t a member already?
If not, your NPCC gathered together this top 10 list of reasons why you should join your local NPCC gathered from our membership across the United States. Membership brings credibility to your Church, Non-Profit Organization, or Small Business. You can increase positive perception among the community and business owners when you’re identified as a member of the NPCC.
1) Increase your visibility in the community. As a new NPCC member, you will be listed in the NPCC newsletter, e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other NPCC publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the NPCC and sponsoring events. The NPCC may also promote your grand opening/ ribbon-cutting ceremony and assist with any public relations efforts.
2) Create networking opportunities. The NPCC has numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
3) Gain a voice in government. Each local NPCC takes on the tough issues and opposes new regulations, taxes, fees, assessments and costs that will drag down local economies. It also helps protect the principles of free enterprise and aids businesses in being treated fairly.
4) Meet new potential members and business contacts. The NPCC’s most fundamental mission is to “HELP” people in need exactly where they are in life right now, this will help to stabilize long term economic growth and create a better all around business climate for everyone in the community. The NPCC initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
5) Receive NPCC newsletters and E-mail Blasts. This information provides new members information, interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local the community, a community calendar and details about up-and-coming NPCC events, among other things.
6) Acquire customer referrals. Every day, your local NPCC receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and NPCC members typically recommend other NPCC members.
7) NPCC events and programs. NPCC events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. NPCC events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential members, customers, clients and vendors— and generate new contacts and business leads.
8) Promotion and publicity. With a chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
9) Access to members-only discounts, services and co-op programs. For example, members would receive special rates on cell service, medical insurance, fuel, and many other NPCC special Membership Co-ops.
10) The NPCC will surpass all national averages of any economic, business or community improvement group by far. The impact of the NPCC membership is very powerful. If a community knows that you are a member of the NPCC, the member enjoys a 44 percent increase in its their community favor-ability rating, a 51 percent increase in community awareness, a 57 percent increase in its local reputation and a 63 percent increase in the likelihood that communities will either patronize or become a regular participant in the future.
Are you ready to join the NPCC? Of course if you haven’t already? Keep in mind, however, that you can’t just be a member of the NPCC to reap the benefits of NPCC membership. We are excited about the possibilities. We will work hard to make being a NPCC member a vital part of our joint effort in each community; a joint effort that will benefit all of us.
We would like for everyone to consider becoming a CHARTER MEMBER. Either go to one of our membership pages under the membership tab above…or simply CLICK on one of the membership pages below and complete your membership application at the bottom of the page.
Your community is looking forward to your membership…Join today.